Sunday, June 21, 2009

Quotable Sunday ~Happy Fathers Day!

I wasn't sure I was going to to Father's Day. I figured that everyone was probably going to do it and maybe I should do something different. But then I thought about how it might be hubby's turn to get the shout out for being such a great Daddy! For being so patient about me blogging instead of cleaning, for working on Father's Day because he is in retail, and for being my Heart and Soul.

So Happy Father's Day Honey!


A truly rich man is one whose children run into his arms when his hands are empty. ~Author Unknown

"The heart of every child beats to the rhythm of a father's love," ~Steve Curley


Dads don't need to be tall and broad-shouldered and clever. Love makes them so. ~Pam Brown

The greatest gift I ever had came from God, and I call him Dad! ~Anonymous

When a father gives to his son, both laugh; when a son gives to his father, both cry. ~Jewish Proverb


4 years: My Daddy can do anything!
7 years: My Dad knows a lot…a whole lot.
8 years: My father does not know quite everything.
12 years: Oh well, naturally Father does not know that either.
14 years: Oh, Father? He is hopelessly old-fashioned.
21 years: Oh, that man-he is out of date!
25 years: He knows a little bit about it, but not much.
30 years: I must find out what Dad thinks about it.
35 years: Before we decide, we will get Dad's idea first.
50 years: What would Dad have thought about that?
60 years: My Dad knew literally everything!
65 years: I wish I could talk it over with Dad once more.
~Anonymous


Now, go visit A Daily Dose of Toni for more Quotable Sunday!



11 comments:

Stacy Uncorked said...

Great quote choices! This one's my favorite:

Dads don't need to be tall and broad-shouldered and clever. Love makes them so. ~Pam Brown

Love the pictures!! Have a great Sunday! :)

Jennifer said...

I adore how you added pictures with your quotes. I had not thought to do that! Most of my pictures are of the non-digital variety.

Your quote choices are fantastic! My favourite is:
"A truly rich man is one whose children run into his arms when his hands are empty." ~Author Unknown

Jaime said...

great pictures and quotes!

Anonymous said...

I love the "what dad knows at what age"!

Golfersmom said...

Great choices. I love the pictures with them. My favorite is the one about the ages. That is so true. We are getting to the we dont know anything stage and I am not looking forward to it at all. Hope you have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

Thos are wonderful quotes and beautiful photos!

Stacie said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am now following you.

These are great pictures. Amazing how quickly they grow.

Sweet Serendipity said...

Aw, sweet post. Hope you had a great day!

AudreyO said...

I just love that poem. It is so true the many stages we go through in thinking our parents know nothing then thinking they are brilliant and know everything.

Kekibird said...

"The heart of every child beats to the rhythm of a father's love," ~Steve Curley

Loved this one even though that last list with the different ages was great too.

Thanks for sharing.

Martha said...

Great choices!

Thanks for stopping by!