Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Monday, March 30, 2009
Daddy and his "Angel" about 10 minutes old. She will be 5 in 3 weeks by the way.
Then I did not sit at my desk at work with tears running down my face. The next thing I did not do was bow my head in silent prayer for this beautiful little boy and the very strong family that stands behind him.
I also did not sit and think about how I can tell my children about Stellan's fight and how we could find a way to pray for him and spell his name out for a picture. The next thing I did not do (still at my work desk mind you) was look at every single picture in Stellan's Name Gallery
Sunday, March 29, 2009
For more quotes visit A Daily Dose of Toni
Carry out a random act of kindness... someone somewhere might do the same for you. ~ Princess Diana
Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless. ~Mother Teresa
In this world, you must be a bit too kind to be kind enough. ~ Pierre Carlet de Chamblain de Marivaux
The little unremembered acts of kindness and love are the best parts of a person's life. ~ William Wordsworth
Kind words do not cost much. Yet they accomplish much. ~Blaise Pascal
The kindness we extend to others in our hour of weakness will return to us at the time we most need. ~ Harriet Johns
Happy Sunday everyone!
Saturday, March 28, 2009
Jamie's Precious Peas Is giving away a EarthLust water bottle. These are so pretty, I have been "lusting" after these for some time.
Jamie's Precious Peas Is giving away a Envirosax® Reusable shopping bag! These are way to cute to use only for grocery shopping though!
Jamie's Precious Peas is giving away a pair of shoes from the See Kai Run or Smaller line. I will win a pair of these someday!! Ends April 12th.
Rockin Mama Is giving away an Elmo Being Green DVD! This would be a great learning experience for my kiddos!
Mom Fuse is giving away a super cool T-shirt from 2K by Gingham
From last week: Got the bathrooms and bedrooms done, of course now we are back to needing to clean the rest of the house! Oh well, cleaning has never been my strong suit. It is the thing that tends to get pushed to the back burner when I run out of time.
Good news, I did take more pictures! I am trying to remember to grab the camera when we go places and grab it more at home too.
Bad news, the phone lists and table under the phone are still not done!
- Phone lists on the cork board, clean up the counter under the phone and get and cards with Daycare numbers and locations done (getting tired of seeing this one? I am)
- Get some pictures printed out. I have photo albums and am very behind on printing actual pictures out. Sad because I have like 80 credits at Snapfish. Also found from one of my thrifty bloggers (sorry don't remember who!) 50 Free prints from Photoworks (valid until March 31st). How many I get done will also depend on the budget this week
Friday, March 27, 2009
Sunday, March 22, 2009
So Focus Friday I said I was going to take more pictures so I will end this nice short post with pictures of my kids (what else right) I took today! It was almost 80 here, and we had so much fun being outside!
too cool for words!
I do not have sand in my hair mom!
To see more great Sunday quotes visit A Daily Dose of Toni.
Be content with what you have; rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you.
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love.
When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.
Have a great Sunday everyone!
Friday, March 20, 2009
Please visit Ellen from Thrifty & Chic Mom To join in on Focus Friday!
Last week found us watching my son's eyes for drifting. I have to ask, how often do you really look your kids in the eyes? My son is almost 3 and very busy, so when you talk to him he is usually moving! This week we started the phrase (put nicely by the way) "Cutie Bug, look at me". So here is the bad news, his eyes do not often track together! The farther away you are the more his left one drifts, closer is better for him. Being outside in the sun makes it worse too. Just not the outcome I wanted but at least now we know how bad it is.
Work on my daughters writing of ABC and name - She is getting better quickly! We will do more this week.
Cleaning and organizing - um, not so much, but now I have someting to work on this week!
Pictures - a few, I will keep this up.
Springtime in Colorado Yea! This little car is the love of my son's life, the kids are so glad to be able to go outside! And no, our eyes are not tracking.
- And starring for the 3rd week in a row: Organize my the phone list under my phone and put the cork boards up with the lists on them. Get wallet sized cards made of the daycare phone numbers and locations done.
- Clean bathrooms and bedrooms
- More pictures
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Sunday, March 15, 2009
My attitude is that if you push me towards something that you think is a weakness, then I will turn that perceived weakness into a strength. ~Michael Jordan
To discover a weakness is the beginning of strength. When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you till it seems you could not hold on a minute longer, never give up then for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn. ~ Harriet Beecher Stowe
A woman is like a tea bag--you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. ~ Nancy Reagan
Friday, March 13, 2009
Please visit Ellen from Thrifty & Chic Mom To join in on Focus Friday!
Last week, pretty good! Vacuming done, and bathrooms just need the floors done. Found the table next to the front door (yea!), took the film in for developing and got 2 blog posts done (Wordless Wednesday counts right?)
- Watch my son's eyes so we can let the doctor know realistically how often they are drifting. We have a follow up appointment in 2 months to decide how to procede with his treatment but must first get a better handle on how often his eyes are really doing this.
- Work with my daughter on writing her ABC's and her name
- Organize my the phone list under my phone and put the cork boards up with the lists on them. Along with this goes: Get wallet sized cards made of the daycare phone numbers and locations done. Didn't get this done partly because I broke my printer, that of course I just put ink into, so the phone lists may have to be hand written.
- Finish up bathrooms, tidy up the 3 bedrooms including sheet changing
- Take more pictures
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Sunday, March 08, 2009
Did everyone remember to Spring Forward? Today's quotes feature Time.
Where does the time go? I look at my children every day and say "When did you get so big?" I think often of the song by Kenny Chesney, "Don't Blink" Life goes faster than you think. So true!
Happy Sunday everyone.
Saturday, March 07, 2009
Please visit Ellen from Thrifty & Chic Mom For for more information on Focus Friday (but I suggest you actually do it on a Friday instead of Saturday like me)
Last week found me putting up a list I knew I would not get done. Guess what? I didn't. Thats o.k though because I will just continue with this same list until all the stuff is done.
- Foucs more on me and hubby, I think this one, while not completely done is still in the front of my mind all the time. My goal by putting this into my list was to accomplish just that. It was a way to remind me that besides my children, work and self I must remember that my husband gets a priority too, and no folks, it is not last. So I have to say I accomplished what I subconsciously set out to do.
- Found the top of the printer (and the whole computer desk too!) I even took the before and after pictures.
That leaves for this week:
- Organize my phone list under my phone and put the cork boards up with the lists on them. Along with this goes: Get wallet sized cards made of the daycare phone numbers and locations for us parents and aunt and uncle that are allowed to pick up the kids in case of emergency.
- Clean both bathrooms and vacum this weekend.
- Find the top of the table next to the door with all the junk mail collected on it.
- Take pictures of the kids this week and develop the film from our vacation in September (yes really!) We forgot the digital camera and I had to buy a disposable that is still sitting on my somewhat cleaner kitchen island.
- 2 blog posts this week. I plan on doing Quotable Sunday from A Daily Dose of Toni. If you haven't see it take a peek, it is very cool.!
Have a great week everyone! Next week I will try and get this done on Friday!!
Sunday, March 01, 2009
No matter what you’ve done for yourself or for humanity, if you can’t look back on having given love and attention to your own family, what have you really accomplished? ~Lee Iacocca
Total commitment to family and total commitment to career is possible, but fatiguing ~Muriel Fox (This is a good one for me to remember daily).
The goodness of the father reaches higher than a mountain;
that of the mother goes deeper than the ocean. ~ Japanese Proverb
Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family. Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one. ~ Jane Howard