Saturday, May 29, 2010

A Day For Quotes #2 ~Memorial Day Version

Memorial Day is a United States federal holiday that is observed on the last Monday of May. It was formerly known as Decoration Day. This holiday commemorates U.S. men and women who died in military service for their country.

This first picture is of my Father In Law (on the left) who served in the Korean War. While he did not die in military service, I am sure he knew many who did.

It doesn't take a hero to order men into battle. It takes a hero to be one of those men who goes into battle. ~Norman Schwarzkopf

Korean War Bernal (2)

The following is our very own Veterans Memorial in Greeley, CO. We are very close to it, and visit it often. My Father in-law's name is on it’s walls….

As America celebrates Memorial Day, we pay tribute to those who have given their lives in our nation's wars. ~John M. McHugh

WC Veterans memorial

They fell, but o’er their glorious grave
Floats free the banner of the cause they died to save. ~Francis Marion Crawford

Flag

And they who for their country die shall fill an honored grave, for glory lights the soldier’s tomb, and beauty weeps the brave. ~Joseph Drake

One of my favorite songs ever:

And I'm proud to be an American
Where at least I know I'm free
And I won't forget the men who died
Who gave that right to me
And I gladly stand up . . next to you and defend her still today
Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land
God bless the USA!

~Lee Greenwood

If you enjoy quotes and blog about them, please feel free to link up below! I will post quotes and the Linky Tool every Sunday, and since I love reading other’s I will visit yours every week! So jump in for A Day For Quotes!


A Day With Two




6 comments:

Serendipity is Sweet said...

Hi there,
Beautiful quotes and I love your photos! I linked up but couldn't get your button code to work. It comes up as Take Me Back Tues.

Thanks for the linky!

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

Beautiful!!

Liz Mays said...

You chose beautifully this week! :)

Jennifer-Eighty MPH Mom said...

This is a beautiful post! I, too, love that song by Lee Greenwood - it gives me chills each and every time I listen to it.

My dad was in the Korean War too...

Thanks for this wonderful post!

Colette S said...

I hope you had a peaceful day. I too love that song.

Ginny Marie said...

What a great post for Memorial Day! I barely was on the computer last weekend, so I missed it. Thanks for linking up to Meme's the Word so I could come back and read your quotes!