Sunday, November 07, 2010

A Day For Quotes ~Siblings

Happy Sunday everyone!  Did you remember Day Light Savings time??  This week I have put together a few quotes on siblings, since I have a set in my house and well, I have one too!

 

Brothers and sisters are as close as hands and feet  ~Vietnamese Proverb

 

Sibling relationships...outlast marriages, survive the death of parents, resurface after quarrels that would sink any friendship. They flourish in a thousand incarnations of closeness and distance, warmth, loyalty and distrust. ~ Erica E. Goode

 

I don't believe an accident of birth makes people sisters or brothers. It makes them siblings, gives them mutuality of parentage. Sisterhood and brotherhood is a condition people have to work at.  ~Maya Angelou

 

2010-10-01 016

 

A sister is a gift to the heart, a friend to the spirit, a golden thread to the meaning of life.  ~ Isadora James

 

09-22-2009 05;25;30AM (2)

My brother and I Fall 1971

 

There is a little boy inside the man who is my brother ...Oh, how I hated that little boy. And how I love him too. ~Anna Quindlan

1971

Siblings are the people we practice on, the people who teach us about fairness and cooperation and kindness and caring - quite often the hard way.  ~ Pamela Dugdale

 

Your siblings are the only people in the world who know what it's like to have been brought up the way you were.  ~ Betsy Cohen

 

If you love quotes and like to post them on your blog, please feel free to link up below! I will post quotes and the Linky Tool every Sunday, and since I love reading other’s I will visit yours every week!

A Day With Two



4 comments:

Frugal Science Gal said...

I LOVE the siblings quotes! I don't know what I would do without my sisters!

Frugal Science Gal
http://frugalsciencegal.blogspot.com

Liz Mays said...

You have a boy and girl like I do, and I never really thought they'd be close, but they are! They don't talk a lot, but when they're together, they have a blast and they just "get" each other!

Serendipity is Sweet said...

Aw, love those pictures and I love that first quote!
Sorry I missed the meme this week. It's been uber crazy around here!~

Cupcake Dessert said...

I missed the Sunday meme!! I'm sorry. Sundays are usually computer/TV free at our house. I love your quotes and those pics are too cute!!