Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Where In the World Wednesday? The Carnival, That’s where

It must be getting close to the 4th of July, because Carnival fever is running ramped in my house!  

Every year, during the last week of June, the Greeley Stampede rolls into town!  Billed as the world’s largest 4th of July Rodeo, the Bill Hames Carnival rolls right in with it! 

We learned all about the carnival when we were 3.  Dubbed the “motorcycle” she rode this little ride about 6 times in a row!  No interest in anything else! 

Jul29578

 

By the time brother was 3 we found the “real” motorcycles.  Too bad they aren’t having any fun!!

DSCN2567

We also have a train

DSCN2583

and an obstacle course that ends with the best slide ever! 

DSCN2582 

As we speak, the Stampede and the carnival are being set up!  One very cool thing is, that I work across from the park where it is all held, and we get to watch them setting up all week! 

I am sure next week I will have new pictures of what kind of chaos my 4 year old, and a 6 year old created at the carnival!  See then for the next Where in the World Wednesday! 

 

Where in the World have you been??  Go link up at Lemon Drop Pie!

 

3 comments:

Liz Mays said...

I love that you chronicled it from year to year! I hope they have fun this year too!

Ginny Marie said...

We haven't been to a carnival yet this summer...my kids love it as much as yours!

Nina said...

Where I grew up had one of the best county fairs around. When I was a kid we use to walk over to the fair grounds before the fair opened and walk around to see everything going in and where it was going to be at.

Today I take my kids to the very same fair and something tells me those cars (similar to the ones your kids are riding) are the same ones that I rode when I was a little kid. Not sure that is a good thing but what can I say.