Sunday, June 06, 2010

A Day For Quotes #3 ~Maya Angelou

Good morning everyone and welcome to A Day For Quotes!  If you love quotes and like to post them on your blog, please feel free to link up below! I will post quotes and the Linky Tool every Sunday, and since I love reading other’s I will visit yours every week!

This week I have chosen Maya Angelou.  Her quotes just seem to stick with me and inspire me whenever I read them. 

 

Global Renaissance Woman

Dr. Maya Angelou is one of the most renowned and influential voices of our time. Hailed as a global renaissance woman, Dr. Angelou is a celebrated poet, memoirist, novelist, educator, dramatist, producer, actress, historian, filmmaker, and civil rights activist.

Born on April 4th, 1928, in St. Louis, Missouri, Dr. Angelou was raised in St. Louis and Stamps, Arkansas. In Stamps, Dr. Angelou experienced the brutality of racial discrimination, but she also absorbed the unshakable faith and values of traditional African-American family, community, and culture.

Dr. Angelou’s words and actions continue to stir our souls, energize our bodies, liberate our minds, and heal our hearts.

A ton of good Maya Angelou quotes here at Goodreads

maya picture

 

 

Troubles are a blessing that force you to change, to believe.

 

If you don't like something change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain.

 

The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them

 

Maya

 

I've learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart, I usually make the right decision.

 

You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.

 

I've learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.



A Day With Two



4 comments:

Liz Mays said...

She is probably one of the wisest women out there. These are wonderful!

Ginny Marie said...

I love how you included some background information on Maya Angelou! I didn't know she was born in St. Louis. Wonderful quotes!

Serendipity is Sweet said...

Beautiful quotes and great advice!

Have a great day :)

Michelle @Flying Giggles said...

Those are all beautiful quotes to live by!