Sunday, December 27, 2009

Quotable Sunday ~Beginnings

Good morning everybody! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and holiday! With the New Year looming very close I always think of beginnings, so here is a collection of quotes to begin your New Year with!

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. ~ Louis L'Amour

Beginning is not only a kind of action. It is also a frame of mind, a kind of work, an attitude, a consciousness. ~ Edward Said

New Beginning

~Seneca

"Every day is a new beginning. Treat it that way. Stay away from what might have been, and look at what can be."
Marsha Petrie Sue

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending."
Carl Bard

sunrise-beginning

"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."
Lao-Tsu

For last year's words belong to last year's language
And next year's words await another voice.
And to make an end is to make a beginning.
T.S. Eliot

Want to post a few quotes of your own, or read some other great ones? Just visit A Daily Dose of Toni for more Quotable Sunday!

Mothers Day Gift Ideas

8 comments:

Martha said...

Thanks for stopping by this morning. I love all the quotes. It is a time of beginnings! 2009 brought lots of changes for me, but 2010 is going to be the real beginning of my new life!

I wish for you all the best in 2010!

Shelley said...

I am excited to begin a new year and improve myself!

This quote fits me:
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."
Lao-Tsu

Best wishes for a wonderful new year!!

Michelle @Flying Giggles said...

I love Lao-Tsu quote, this has always been one of my favorites. Thank you for the beginning quotes, you're right, perfect for the new year.

Nina said...

I love looking at things as a new beginning and nothing like a new year to do that. I hope you had a Merry Christmas. Sorry I haven't been around but things should be back to normal now.

Stacy Uncorked said...

I'm looking forward to a new beginning in 2010! :)

Wishing you and your family a wonderful New Year! :)

Janean said...

great post!!!!! i choose a new ending!

Serendipity is Sweet said...

Lovely quotes. I love the one by Carl Bard.

Have a great week!

kanishk said...

I am excited to begin a new year and improve myself!


Work from home India