Sunday, November 15, 2009

Quotable Sunday ~Beauty

 

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. ~Helen Keller

 

"Look for the beauty in things." ~ Maya Angelou

 

Beauty comes in all sizes--not just size five. ~ Roseanne Barr

 

Beauty is not in the face; Beauty is a light in the heart. ~ Kahlil Gibran

 

For attractive lips, speak words of kindness. For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people. For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry. For beautiful hair, let a child run his or her fingers through it once a day. ~ Audrey Hepburn

 

Beauty is revealed when we learn to see with our hearts. The more educated our hearts the greater beauty we can see. Therefore, beauty is revealed with age." ~ Arthur Dobrin

 

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. ~Maya Angelou

 

 

I found what follows from fellow bloggers at Ladybugs and Tonka Trucks

 

The mission of Operation Beautiful is to post anonymous notes in public places for other women to find. The point is that WE ARE ALL BEAUTIFUL. You are enough... just the way you are!

I think this is a great idea and am joining in to see if I can’t remind some women in my life that they are indeed beautiful!  Check out Operation Beautiful if you are interested!

 

 

Want to post a few quotes of your own, or read some other great ones? Just visit A Daily Dose of Toni for more Quotable Sunday!

Mothers Day Gift Ideas



10 comments:

Serendipity is Sweet said...

Wow, those are all great quotes! I love the first one. Great post!

Shelley said...

I love your choice of quotes-- this one is great:

Beauty comes in all sizes--not just size five. ~ Roseanne Barr

I will check out Operation Beautiful!

Peggy said...

All your quotes today strike a cord in my heart! This one always makes me pause...I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
I also will check out operation beautiful....
Thanks LT, have a great sunday.

Unknown said...

Those are all great quotes from serious to funny.

Liz Mays said...

The one by Maya Angelou is really true!!!

Becca said...

I love that Helen Keller quote...thanks for sharing all of them! :)

Cascia Talbert said...

Beautiful quotes!

Joshlin said...

Wow! What great quotes. My favorite one is the second one. Look for the beauty in things.

That one we should live by.

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

Those quotes are so true.

Michelle @Flying Giggles said...

Yay Rosanne!