Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Take Me Back Tuesday ~Sturgis Ramblings

I wasn’t sure I was posting about Sturgis this year, but it always just fits into Take Me Back Tuesdays so well!! So here you are going to get a few general ramblings about past Sturgis trips.

 

This first photo is from the last time I went to Sturgis, that would have been in August of 2002.  That is actually me in the middle, with our friend J, and Hubby there on the left.  The big truck set up with the trailer in back is affectionally know as the Chase Truck.  When you have 15 or so people, their assorted camping gear, food to feed them for the week, and well….the beer you need something large to haul it all.  This rig is a F250 Ford Diesel pick-up with a 4 horse trailer attached.  Oh, I almost forgot to mention that I was usually the one driving this set up!

Sturgis 2002 

The year 2002 was my last year because I got a new job in 2003, and in my office of five people, 2 of them were my Sturgis buddies, thus making it pretty hard for me to get the week off.  By 2004 I had a tiny baby (Yea!) and we have never found a good overnight babysitter to free me up for an extended vacation away from the kiddos. 

Sturgis street

This picture above, while it looks a lot like Sturgis is actually Sundance Wyoming.  Basically in the entire region of Southern South Dakota and northern Wyoming the towns end up just packed with bikes and all end up looking like this. 

 

Sturgis 1994 Tony and Dennis

This picture is of Hubby and our friend D.  This one takes me back to 1994, my very first year of Sturgis.

While I do miss going to Sturgis with my friends I don’t look back with regrets that I can’t go.  I couldn’t imagine my life without my kiddo’s, and the friends that go, well they are mostly here in our small city anyway! 

 

“How do you play along? We all have tons of photos from the days before the digital camera. I figure if we just scan a few each week, eventually they will all be safely into our computers. But you don't need a scanner to participate! - Just find a photo that takes you back to another time. Every week you can come back here and share photos that "Take you Back." If you decide to participate, sign the Linky below and I promise to head on over and spread some comment love your way!”



A Day With Two





3 comments:

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

My husband would LOVE to go to Sturgis! What great photos! Wow! That is a big "chase" truck! There's no way I could drive that thing!

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

Looks like a fun time!! There is no way I would be pulling a 4 horse trailer, you are a brave woman.

Clueless_Mama said...

My dad has always wanted to go to Sturgis! I bet that is a wild time for all:)