Saturday, February 20, 2010

Aesop Quotes

Happy Sunday everyone!  Hopefully ours will prove to be a quiet one as it is snowing here again, and apparently will be for the next 2 days…sigh…  Today I have put together a bunch of quotes from Aesop for you, there are many good ones in there I think, enjoy my friends and have a great week!

 

It is in vain to expect our prayers to be heard, if we do not strive as well as pray.

 

After all is said and done, more is said than done.

 

 aesop5

 

It is thrifty to prepare today for the wants of tomorrow.

 

We should look to the mind, and not to the outward appearance.

 

Every truth has two sides; it is as well to look at both, before we commit ourselves to either.

 

aesop3

 

The level of our success is limited only by our imagination and no act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.

 

In the mood for more quotes today?? Visit A Daily Dose of Toni for Quotable Sunday!

9 comments:

Captain Dumbass said...

I like "it is easy to be brave from a safe distance."

Jennifer-Eighty MPH Mom said...

These are beautiful quotes - I love the first one especially : )

Happy Sunday!

Joshlin said...

The first is my favorite too! They are all great though! He has writen some great things!

Have a great weekend!

emdashpoet said...

These are all beautiful. I like "After all is said and done, more is said than done." Good reminder.

Christy said...

I love those quotes! Very thought provoking! Thanks for looking them up and sharing with us!

Leslie said...

Love this one...

It is thrifty to prepare today for the wants of tomorrow.

Hope you are having a great Sunday.

Cascia Talbert said...

Beautiful quotes! Have a wonderful Sunday!

Serendipity is Sweet said...

Great choices! I love this one: The level of our success is limited only by our imagination and no act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.

Nina said...

The quotes you post always put a smile on my face. Thanks!