Sunday, September 06, 2009

Quotable Sunday ~Proverbs

Happy Sunday everyone! I hope you are enjoying your Labor Day Weekend as much as I am. We are not doing anything special, since Hubby works in retail he of course has shifts all weekend. I love having the opportunity to spend an extra day with the kiddos though!

This week I threw together a few Proverbs for you to ponder:

One going to take a pointed stick to poke a baby bird should first try it on himself to feel how it hurts. ~ West African Proverb

You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was ~ Irish Proverb

SwProverbJ

An inch of time cannot be bought with an inch of gold. ~ Chinese Proverb

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in. ~ Greek Proverb

A book, tight shut, is but a block of paper. ~ Chinese Proverb

Love me when I least deserve it, because that's when I really need it. ~ Swedish Proverb

Great minds discuss ideas, medium minds discuss events, and little minds discuss people. ~ Hindu Proverb


Instead of complaining that the rosebush is full of thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses. ~ German Proverb

proverblearning

Want to post a few quotes of your own, or read some other great ones? Just visit A Daily Dose of Toni for more Quotable Sunday!

Mothers Day Gift Ideas

10 comments:

Martha said...

Happy QS! I hope you are enjoying your long weekend!

I love this one:
Love me when I least deserve it, because that's when I really need it. ~ Swedish Proverb and the other Swedish one in the graphic!
My QS

Jennifer-Eighty MPH Mom said...

Oh I love this! You found some good ones. I really love the tree pictures - I wish I could display that in my house!

Enjoy your long weekend!

Unknown said...

Instead of complaining that the rosebush is full of thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses. ~ German Proverb

I love this one!!
Thanks for sharing!

Jennifer said...

Brilliant Proverb Quotes. My favourite is the Swedish one you have up in the lovely graphic. Happy Sunday!

Laura Schaefer said...

Great post! Thank you for sharing these gems.

LiveLaughLoveCj said...

I hope you are enjoying the extra time with your kiddos!
Happy Sunday!

I loved this quote the most:

Love me when I least deserve it, because that's when I really need it. ~ Swedish Proverb

Sometimes we all need to remember that right? Unconditional Love.

Have an AMAZING day!

Clueless_Mama said...

I love the: love me when I least deserve it one. I think that is sooo true. It would make the world a nicer place.

Stacy Uncorked said...

Excellent choices, LT! Since I'm Swedish, I'm a bit partial to the Swedish ones... ;)

Hope you're having a wonderful weekend! :)

Liz Mays said...

I really love the Hindu proverb. :)

Serendipity is Sweet said...

I love proverbs. Such wonderful little gems of wisdom.
Great choices!